Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Bad Country with the Cousins Part 1


It was time for a little cousins retreat. E.J. was to rent a car and meet me in Tamarindo before heading off to the other end of the Nicoya peninsula. He was down to surf and I'm always down to beach so we made a good team. After a couple nights in Tamarindo we took to the road. The hours flew by because the views were spectacular. I had cruised around CR before but this was my first real exploration of the peninsula and it was amazing. Here are a few shots from the drive and our sweet ride:





E.J. and I had one night to kill in Mal Pais before we picked up Phil the next day and chose to stay at a sweet cabina in the middle of the jungle. At night all we could hear was the ocean and birds and in the morning, monkeys. E.J.'s insight was all the sounds we heard are what make up sound machines. Jungle, rainforest, ocean, etc. I didn't get a shot that would do the place justice but I tried my best:



Notice the computer in both shots - I made E.J. watch a movie because I hadn't been able to watch T.V. or movies in a loooong time. We had a very chill few days filled with beach and long beautiful rides and some quality cousin time.

Next up, another cousin comes to visit and a million pictures of sunsets.

3 comments:

  1. I want cousin time... and sister time.. and Costa Rica time, pleaaase!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, part dos will have to feature glenn and peter. but mostly glenn.

    ReplyDelete