Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Auckland, New Zealand



I've landed! Well, to be honest, I landed well over a week ago. It's been incredibly difficult to write blog posts here as the internet is crazy expensive (like 4 USD an hour) and getting pictures uploaded is a nightmare. But here I am!

The flight from San Fran to Auckland was about 13 hours long. It really wasn't all that bad since I decided to watch as many movies as humanly possible. It was pretty funny to be in the midst of my 5th rom com to notice that in one of the scenes Jason Bateman is talking on his cell phone right outside my front door. I tried to tell the woman next to me and was about to yell out, "That's my old front door!" but of course, she was asleep. (If any of you want to check it out it's in the movie the Switch).

After traveling for a while in Spanish speaking countries, arriving in New Zeland was a breeze. I just asked people when I didn't know where things were, they understood me, and gave me the answer. Simple. Here are some of my initial thoughts about Auckland:




- The city is clean and smells like flowers!

- It's summer here and the weather is great, like 80's everyday

- The internet is way too expensive and free wifi is impossible to find

- Driving 20 minutes outside the city is like a different country

- All the women wear super cute clothes and I need to watch it so that I won't go shopping

That's it for now! Sorry this post is so short but I paid like 10 dollars to download pictures today! The next post will be all about my trip to the North of New Zealand.

2 comments:

  1. Great meeting you today!!! Like your blog too! Best of luck on your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooh it looks pretty!! don't buy cute clothes, it's just more stuff to carry on your back!

    ReplyDelete