Thursday, January 13, 2011

Greta Goes Glocal

It's been a while! Thanks for staying with me during my travel break. It's been a great few weeks of seeing my family and good friends.

I arrived in New Hampshire during (surprise!) a snowstorm. I left NYC at 10 in the morning and got home at 8 at night so it was quite a journey. From then on it was full on Christmas mode before my siblings and siblings in laws came up to NH to celebrate. Our fam has increased significantly and it's a tight fit in the Hureau house with all of us there. Needless to say it was great to have everyone there and Nes (although his stocking didn't make the pic below, I promise it was there) came home on Christmas Eve after being deployed for while. Check out the holiday shots Jasmine took!


 With some of the cousins, with the sweetest new addition: Katherine. She is so darn cute.

 Brothers and sis:


Adjusting to being home was cake. It's amazing how simple it is to get back into the swing of things, watch ridiculous amounts of television, and do nothing all day long. Then all of a sudden, it's time to hit the road once more. My first (somewhat unofficial) stop was San Francisco. It's the farthest west I've been (I know, insane) and all of my friends rave about the place.

Believe the hype, people. San Francisco is great. While I wasn't the best tourist I did see some sights and managed to spend some quality time with some cool people. (If you are reading and I didn't get to see you I'm very sorry! I'll be back for sure to see everyone and do that damn Alcatraz tour that kept on selling out on me). A big shout out to those who took care of me and delt with my crazy anxiety the couple days before leaving.

It's hard to believe that the second half of my trip has commenced. It feels like yesterday when I boarded the plane to Bogota. I couldn't be more ready to get back to traveling, seeing some friends I've met along the way and catch up with those living abroad.

Here are some photos of the (very cold) San Francisco:


Funny story about this picture. I decided to let Grandma give me a fortune. The card said, and I quote, "A friend will urge you to take a trip. Don't do it. Your best interest lies in remaining at home. I'm depending on your good sense to lead you on the right path". Clearly Grandma doesn't know my good sense or me. Boo to her and her fortune.

 Very very excited:

 Yay! Fun streets!


As many of you have guessed, yes, I'm already in New Zealand. There isn't too much to report as the first 24 hours were spent sleeping off my crazy jet lag. But more soon to come!

1 comment:

  1. if it wasn't Zoltar giving you a fortune, it doesn't mean anything!!! ('big' movie reference hehe) stupid Grandma! the pics are great :)

    ReplyDelete