Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Old Stuff in Athens with Mom!

Athens has a bunch of really really old stuff. After a while it doesn't even seem to make sense. When was this built again? I'm not sure if my brain can even comprehend something that was made in 447 BC? Anyway mom and I hit the tourist circuit in Athens and it was surprisingly fun and not so crowded! It could have been the cold weather but we didn't care.

Check out some pictures of the Acropolis and other cool old stuff:







Already I like Greece a lot. The food is amazing and there always seems to be something I can actually eat! (Usually I'm too picky and it's a pain to find something). The Greek people aren't as forthcoming with information but don't seem to mind when I ask them a trillion questions about how to get somewhere. Be prepared to ask tons of questions if you ever go to Greece, there are no signs here - not even in super touristy spots.

After a couple of cold and rainy days in Athens, Mom and I headed to the islands! First stop: Mykonos. 

1 comment:

  1. I love old stuff... why didn't you bring me with you again? I forget.

    ReplyDelete