Friday, October 29, 2010

Miraflores, Lima Peru

Many people stay in Miraflores when they are visiting Lima because it's a safe cool suburb of the city. I walked around a bit and didn't think too much of it except it was very easy to get around and there were tons of places to eat and hang out. It wasn't until the 3rd or 4th day there that I explored a bit more and decided to check out the coast. I couldn't believe how beautiful it was! I took tons of pictures but here are a couple that show off the amazing waterfront in Lima.

I stayed at Loki Hostel Lima which is infamous for being a roudy party hostel. These kinds of hostels seem to be a good fit for me for a few different reasons. One, it's near to impossible to meet people in your average quiet hostel. Everyone wants to be with their friend, boyfriend, girlfriend whatever and don't really care to meet others. Meeting others, however, is a means of survival for me. So a place where people will talk to you and just strike up a conversation for no good reason is definitely the right fit for me (well at least for now). Two, I still, at age 27, can party. Some work friends frequently make fun of me for this but after 8 years of going out late and being with friends, I'm still not sick of it one bit. So yes, these party hostel types are definitely the way to go as of now.

Loki Lima does its best to make sure you spend tons of money. Their biggest ploy - happy hour two for one. This rivals even the best of happy hours in NY because the drinks are cheap anyway (beers are 3 dollars but are about the size of two beers). Sam, a friend from Scotland, is shown below taking advantage of the two for one happy hour. My beers are in front.


I just arrived in Cusco yesterday and will write soon about this incredible city. I will make sure to report on Lima when I return in a week and hopefully will see more of the city (if I can get away from the happy hour).

Much love,

Mags

6 comments:

  1. Hi Mags, pictures are stunning sounds like you are having a great time, wish your Mum and I were there with you. Hopefully we can join you somewhere. Love your cuz, Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was in Cusco in 1976, when you go to Machu Pichu there is a small village at the bottom (where the train stops), it is called Aguas Blancas, there is a small hotel there on right side of tracks (cost me $4/night). I left my towel at this hotel, it is gold and has my name on it, see if it is still there. Have fun. jerry bauer

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's the must have Peruvian dish? Sigh I miss Latin food. Beautiful view!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You gotta fight for your right to party.

    ReplyDelete
  5. jerry i looked for the towel but couldnt find it!! next time??? hahaha! too funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Homeboy--I came to party...

    ReplyDelete