Monday, February 14, 2011

Ballin' in Sydney

After coming back from my trip to Melbourne I was offered a place to crash for the next week with my friends Brian and Dervilia, an Irish couple I met in Cartagena. They were so sweet to offer me a place to stay and I was excited about being able to spend some time with them. What they failed to mention is that their apartment was amazing. I opened the door and blurted out "Man, you guys are ballers!". Of course, they thought it was the most American term they had ever heard in context and I've been hearing about it since. Once again I feel overwhelmed with gratitude and am so thankful to have met them. Derv and Brian were incredibly kind to take care of me for the last week and I can't wait to return the favor once I settle back in NYC.

The past week I played the role of the typical tourist. I quickly moved into the Irish inner circle and hung out with some super nice people from all over Ireland who were interested in seeing the sights as well. I went to museums, the aquarium, wildlife center and did a couple great cliffwalks. Here are some shots from my tourist week.








Here are my top 5 observations about Sydney:

1. The weather is great and sunny a lot of the time

2. The shopping here is unreal and the women are babes and all nicely dressed.

3. There are beaches IN the city. It's one of the most "liveable" city in that sense.

4. Syndey is expensive (I know, I know, you've heard it from me before but I thought it was worth saying again).

5. Aussies are some of the most chill relaxed people I've ever met. Even in the city, the have the most laid back attitude.

I will definitely miss Syndey but I'm ready to move on once again. Thanks to everyone who hosted me in my 3 weeks in Australia!

Next stop: Singapore.

No comments:

Post a Comment