Thursday, February 10, 2011

Spending Money Like I have it in Sydney

Again, I'm sorry for not posting for a while. I've been in Sydney and internet time here is almost 3 dollars an hour! Bah! So it's difficult to upload pictures and write a post but I'm doing my best. Thanks to all of you for the reminders, now I know some of you actually read my blog!




I was so excited to come to Sydney because one of my good friends from school lives here and is studying to get her phd. Carolyn and I were urban studies dorks in school and get along great so couldn't wait to see her life here and what she thinks of the city. Her cutie finance is from Australia and they've shown me around a ton.

The first week was spent hanging out with Carolyn and Brad and getting to know the city a bit more. It's a great place but I think it's incredibly expensive. I paid 4 dollars for a coke (I know I know, I shouldn't be drinking that crap anyway). The quality of life here is amazing and people are always out and enjoying the ridiculously nice weather. Unlike NYC and a few other American cities, at night (most nights) it cools down here and there's an awesome ocean breeze. I took advantage of the great weather and swam as much as possible in Carolyn's pool and the beaches here that are inside the city - nuts!

After the first week I took a trip to Melbourne. In total, the trip took 3 days and I met some great people. My tour guide was a Kiwi who lived in Australia but worked for a bunch of summers in New Hampshire. Small world. He doesn't know it yet but we'll get married one day for sure. We took a few good walks along the way, one of which lead to one of the most beautiful beaches I've ever seen. Check it out!



I also saw real kangaroos in the wild! I thought they were kind of scary at first but they seemed to just be chillin in the middle of nowhere.




The next post I'll write about my time back in Syndey with some great friends I met traveling in South America.

Much love,

Me

3 comments:

  1. I'm mad that we're not getting more information on your future husband. But Australia sounds and looks amazing. Thank you for spending the extra bucks to share it with us!

    On another note, I can't wait for your stop in Amsterdam!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY a new blog post :) um yeah, did you at least take a picture of my future brother-in-law? hehe

    ReplyDelete