Sunday, March 27, 2011

Blame Thailand for the Lack of Posts

Or, I'm going to blame Thai computers. Every time I tried to post in Thailand, or download pictures, I managed to get electrocuted from the computer. NOT KIDDING. The first couple times actually hurt, a lot, and I felt like I was going to puke after. But, no worries, I survived and now have all of my pictures posted on my picasa site (link on the top right).

Thailand was amazing. I arrived in Bangkok and meet up with a high school friend, Adam who has been on the road now for almost 6 months. We just happened to be in the same place at the same time and because of the powers of facebook we were able to find one another. Bangkok is one crazy busy city and we managed to take in the night life in just a couple days and see a couple highlights before deciding to travel some place a bit more laid back.


We decided on the islands! I'm always game to hit the beach and Adam was down to get out of Bangkok. One 15 hour train ride, 1 hour bus ride and a 2.5 hour ferry ride later we found ourselves in Koh Phangan. Koh Phangan is home of the infamous full moon party but since we arrived in between a party the island was tame, to say the least.

One day trip included a boat ride to Haad Yuan, a paradise just 10 minutes away from our hotel. Check out the ridiculously beautiful views:



After a few days in Kho Phangan we were ready for a different island and a slightly different pace. I was okay just hanging out on the beach everyday but Adam was curious about Kho Tao, an island a few hours away which has some of the best diving around. I assumed there would be a beach there and some place I could read and so I was up for another ferry ride.

Next post will feature the very chill Kho Tao and scuba diving!

No comments:

Post a Comment