Monday, June 13, 2011

Budapest, Hungary

Everything about Budapest is cool. The landscape, the nightlife, the history . . . I was totally into Budapest. I took an 8 hour train ride through beautiful Slovenia and was shocked to find such an interesting city. I chose to do a free tour in Budapest since I knew nothing about Hungarian culture and was extremely happy to learn a thing or two. For example, the language is one of the most complicated in the world and if you said every swear word in Hungarian it would take you 5 minutes to get it through it all. I mean, there were more cultural (important) facts to learn but you'll just have to go to Hungary to find it all out.


One of my favorite activites was going to the Hungarian baths. Unlike Turkish baths, Hungarian baths have water and a million pools. I chose to go to the outdoor baths and hang out with a new friend on a beautiful spring day. Afterall, traveling is hard work!


After a few days in Budapest it was time to move on the Prague. As many of you have guessed, I've been in Prague for a while now and it's been a great place to take a breather before heading home. More to come on my adventures in the Czech Republic . . .

1 comment: