Saturday, July 2, 2011

The LAST stop: Amsterdam

I expected Amsterdam to welcome me with open arms since it was my last stop and I had worked so darn hard to get there. Unfortunately the weather was crap and I had to wear shoes for the first time in 2 months. Amsterdam was actually the only place I had been to before on my entire trip so the pressure was off to see the sights and get in all the touristy stuff. Instead, I just hung out with my incredibly cool friends living in the area.

So for fours days I chilled with my high school friend, Sean and his girlfriend, Helen; saw my old college roommate a good friend, Moulsari; and visited and stayed with my old boss and overall great person, Dana. It was a perfect way to end the trip - just hanging out with old friends instead of running around the city trying to pack in all the sightseeing.

Dana and I did squeeze in one touristy activity: The Heineken Experience. Check out me and Dana being Dutch:


Many of you know that I'm home in NH hanging out with my parents for a while. It's hard to make sense of a trip like this and fully understand the past 9 months but I'll soon post some thoughts about the experience as a whole and try to break down my trip in numbers! More to come . . .

3 comments:

  1. Congrats on an amazing adventure Maggie! And welcome home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look so fat in this picture. dutch beer is doing nothing for my figure.

    ReplyDelete