Saturday, July 2, 2011

Vienna, Austria

Everything in Vienna is huge. It's a fairly big city with enormous buildings and every single one of them looks really important. It was difficult to find things to do other than just walk around and see enormous buildings and appreciate the pretty cityscape. That's exactly what happened and with the exception of seeing The Belvedere, I didn't do much at all. Klimt is one of my favorite artists and his work is featured in the museum that looks much more like a French Chateau than anything else. I visited the museum with two other cool American women travelers and we sat infront of one of Klimt's most popular paintings, "The Kiss" for about half an hour.

Check out the beautiful museum:


Some other big, possibly important buildings:






With two weeks left in my trip, I realized I was exhausted of traveling and seeing different places. I was quickly running out of money and decided I'd rather save and head back to Prague to crash with some friends for a week before heading to Amsterdam. Yes, there were more factors which influenced this decision, but I prefer not to write about it on my blog. So back to Prague I went and spent an awesome week just living and not moving. Turns out it was a great choice.

Next blog post: MY LAST STOP!!!

1 comment: