Saturday, November 13, 2010

Lima and Peru Debrief


After another 22 hour bus ride Laura and I arrived in Lima. We were exhausted from Cusco, Machu Picchu and the travel but managed to see some of the sights.

It was nice to see the city center as my first time I was there I really just stayed around Miraflores (a suburb). We took a tour of the catacombs which was really awesome and not as scary of an experience as seeing the catacombs in Paris (if you don't like tight stairwells I don't recommend the Parisian catacombs). The main square's buildings are almost completly yellow which was very very cool. I wish we could say we really took in the city but it's huge so we really only had time for a few attractions.

After a day of sightseeing it was time to pack our bags once more and head to Buenos Aires. Peru was one of my favorite countries I've ever visited. After almost two full days of traveling on buses within Peru I feel comfortable saying that the country is absolutely beautiful.




I've also held back in this blog to comment on my obsession with Peruvian children because of the judgement but will now express how much I love them. I tried so hard not to be objectifying and really didn't want to come out and say it but they are the happiest cutest kids you'll ever see. Kids in Peru are everywhere - with their parents at work or on the streets hanging out with their friends. They are always playing and laughing. So there it is folks, my two highlights in Peru - Machu Picchu and the kiddies.


No comments:

Post a Comment